In February 2018, the Karuwhā team will take another journey north to Waitangi. Why not consider joining us?
Midday Saturday 3rd to Tuesday 6th February.
If you join the team this coming year, you will:
- Explore Oihi Bay with a local kaumātua.
- Have the opportunity to serve at the Te Tii Marae kitchen (hosting the Waitangi commemorations, including Government officials and other dignitaries).
- Experience the waka launching, NZ Navy parades, and the dawn prayer service on the Treaty grounds.
- Hang out and share stories at our korero tent on Te Tii Marae campground.
- Join Henry Williams’ descendant, Elisabeth Ludbrook, on a personal walk and talk along the Paihia foreshore and through the Paihia church and mission grounds.
- Learn more about the story of Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- And meet some great people from around the country!
Cost for joining the team:
$80 Waged, $65 Unwaged and Students.
Add $20/night for camping option (group booking at adjacent Waitangi Holiday Park). Kids and families welcome.
A draft schedule will be released mid-November.
Register at Karuwhā 2018 Registration.
If you need to get hold of us email Lillian at firstname.lastname@example.org.