We’re excited to bring Karuwha Trust’s first Waitangi Day public forum to the Bay of Islands on 6 February 2016. Hosted at St Paul’s Anglican on the Paihia waterfront, our line-up of speakers this year includes Maori writer/film-maker Brad Haami, author/writer Keith Newman, and Williams’ descendant Elisabeth Ludbrook.
In Aotearoa NZ we have a lot of great stories that lie forgotten. However we also have creative people, in increasing numbers, who are bringing these stories to light and returning them to our collective memory.
Please support this event.
See event page here.
This is a free event, but donations are much appreciated. Donations can easily be made via our Give a Little page or electronic banking – see here.
We've asked one of our trustee's, Alistair Reese, to blog about his every-day experiences as a man on a reconciling mission... insights from the heart ... justice on the journey... He honore ki te Atua, Maungarongo ki te Whenua, Whakaaro pai ki nga tangata katoa! (Glory to the Creator, Peace to the earth, Goodwill to all people!) Tihei wa mauriora!
Diary, Sept-Nov 2014
- Celebration dinner with Ngāi Tamarawaho and Ngāti Tapu re passing of Otamataha Trust Bill in Parliament.
- Meeting of Te Kohinga with Bishop Katene at Te Amorangi, Rotorua re Te Papa CMS block.
- Skype meeting with NZ Christian Network re the Bicentenary Statement.
- Wānanga with Ngāti Ranginui kaumatua re Te Reo.
- Skype meeting Living Hope Board.
- Mentor meeting with Laidlaw postgraduate Student, via Skype – Catherine Pearson
- Cosmology paper preparation for Ngāti Ranginui Te Reo wananga.
- Te Kohinga Meeting
- Sunday Meeting at Edge Kingsland – NZ Identity.
- Laidlaw student mentor Skype meeting.
- Edge Kingsland: “Rua Rau” – spoke on Te Tiriti as Pākehā tūrangawaewae.
- YWAM National Leaders Meeting in Paihia/Waitangi (3 days).
- Inflame School of Worship – Arranged meeting with local kaumatua and whakatau for conference.
- Link Churches: Earthed Conference at Cambridge (3 days) – NZ mission history and Identity.
- Laidlaw mentor meeting.
- Spoke at YWAM Bethlehem School.
- Parihaka with Brad Haami to prepare for visit by English intercessors in early 2015. Visited the 3 houses: Te Niho, Te Paepae and Toroanui – favourable reception.
- Waitara meeting with local kaumatua re English intercessors.
- Laidlaw mentor meeting.
- Met with CMS UK leaders Paul Mountstephen and Philip Thaxter in Hamilton re CMS block in Tauranga – favourable reception.
- Centenary of St Paul’s Church in Rangiuru with Bishop Katene and Rev Manu Wihapi
- Karuwhā Skype
- Karuwhā workshop – Auckland.
- Dunedin invited by Toitū – Otago Settlers Museum to participate in Parihaka Day (Nov 5) commemorations with Parihaka kaumatua and kuia.
- Christchurch – spoke at Kotahitanga Conference, sponsored by Grace Vineyard, North City Church and Hope Presbyterian.
- Spoke at North City Church.
- Spoke at Kaiapoi Church.
- Submitted paper for Alphacrucis conference: Gospel, Māori and Pentecost – ‘What does Pai Marire have to do with Pentecost?’. This is a missiological paper which considers Te Ua as a fruitful model for mission and indigenous theology.
- Living Hope Trust Meeting.
- Spoke at Venn on NZ Culture and History.
- Thanksgiving Dinner !!!